Growing up, my mom and her sisters had a set menu for every holiday. Among the many southern casseroles which were staples, I always looked forward to Aunt Susie’s Cherry Cream Pie (a no-bake cheesecake). She knew I liked it so much that she would make an extra for me to take one home.
Since I have been married, I now take it with me to all my in-law gatherings, because it isn’t a holiday without this blissful dessert!
What You Will Need:
- 9 inch prepared graham cracker crust
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional- I skip this because I like mine more tart.)
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
With mixer combine cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla if desired until smooth.
Pour mixture into the crust and refrigerate for 3-5 hours until set.
Top with pie filling. It is also great topped with season fresh fruit as an alternative.
Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee! And if you make one, consider making an extra one for me. 🙂